PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY MAGAZINE 23
(Makes 1 sandwich)
• Amoroso’s Tailgate roll
• 4 oz. of Dietz & Watson Cuban roast pork, sliced thin
• 4 oz. of Dietz & Watson corned beef, sliced thin
• 4 thin slices of Dietz & Watson Swiss cheese
• 5 oz. sauerkraut, drained
• 5-6 slices of kosher dill pickles
• Yellow mustard
• Russian dressing
• Cumin seeds
• Open rolls and spread top side with yellow
mustard and add the pickle slices.
• Spread bottom side with Russian dressing
and add drained sauerkraut −
vapplying in an
• Add 2 slices of Swiss cheese to each side,
topping pickles then sauerkraut.
• Add corned beef to Russian dressing side and
Cuban roast pork to yellow mustard side
• Fold sandwich back together and spray top with
a light coating of pan spray.
• Add cumin seeds on top of the greased bun.
• Using a medium-hot panini press or
medium-hot greased skillet and steak
weight, add sandwich top side down and
press sandwich down flat.
• Keep pressing until you can smell the toasting
cumin seeds and the Swiss cheese has melted
on that side.
• Flip sandwich over and press again until the
other side of Swiss cheese has melted.
• Remove sandwich from heat, slice diagonally,
THE CUBAN REUBEN:
JASON KELCE’S GO-TO SANDWICH
Chef Tim Lopez is the first cook for FLIK Hospitality and the host of
the Feeding the Birds podcast.