(Makes 8 sandwiches)
FOR THE LAMB
1 boneless leg of lamb, 3-4 pounds
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
• Combine all herbs, seasonings, and oil into a marinade.
• Marinate lamb for at least 4 hours.
• Preheat oven to 400 F.
• Roast lamb for 20 minutes, then lower oven to 325 F
and continue roasting for another 90 minutes, flipping
• Final temperature for medium lamb should be between
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY MAGAZINE 23
• Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then cut medium thick slices.
Combine assorted slices to make 8 equal portions. Set aside
and keep warm.
FOR THE MUSTARD SPREAD
4 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons chopped roasted red peppers
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon olive oil
• Pinch of sea salt
• Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Set aside.
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI
2 garlic cloves, rough chop
1 cup flat parsley leaves
1/8 cup oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until smooth.
FOR THE SANDWICH
4 long hot peppers, sliced into rings and seeded
2 medium red bell peppers, cleaned and seeded
2 cups baby mixed greens
1 large lemon sliced into eight wedges
8 fresh club rolls, toasted
ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICH
• On the open toasted rolls, apply mustard spread
to bottom and chimichurri to the top.
• Place a small amount of mixed greens
• Place equal portions of sliced lamb on top of
• Squeeze lemon wedges over lamb.
• Place equal portions of long hots, garlic, and
julienne red pepper strips on top of lamb.
• Finish sandwich with chimichurri top bun and
JORDAN MAILATA’S SOUTH
PHILLY LAMB SANDWICH
Chef Tim Lopez is the first cook for FLIK Hospitality and the host of the
Feeding the Birds podcast.