BIG 12 CONFERENCE
• The Big 12 Conference of ce is headquartered in Irving, Texas.
• Since 1996, the league has won 60 NCAA team titles and 654 individual
• The Big 12 has had six players win the Heisman Trophy with Baker May eld
(Oklahoma) winning the latest one in 2017.
• Overall, more than 4,800 student-athletes have earned All-America recognition.
• Big 12 has over 650 Academic All-America recipients, averaging about 30 each season.
• Big 12 has sponsors 23 sports. Men’s squads include baseball, basketball, football, golf, outdoor track & eld, tennis,
wrestling and more. Women’s teams are elded in basketball, gymnastics, outdoor track & eld, rowing, soccer, softball,
tennis, volleyball and more.
• Big 12 institutions create a league that encompasses ve states and nearly 38 million people. Nearly 5,000 student-athletes
from across the United States and around the World compete annually in the sports sponsored by the Conference.
• The Big 12 remains as the only autonomy conference to determine its champions in all sports directly on the eld of play
with a full round-robin schedule
• The Big 12 led the nation in the fall of 2017 with 80% of its teams selected to bowl games highlighted by No. 2 Oklahoma
competing in the CFP Semi nal at the Rose Bowl. The Big 12 had at least 80% of teams bowl eligible for the third time in
Conference history (90% in 2010 and 80% in 2011). The Big 12 has made six appearances in a CFP News Year’s Bowl in the
four years of the structure.
• The Big 12 was the only conference in 2017-18 that placed a team in the College Football Playoff (Oklahoma), Men’s Final
Four (Kansas), Men’s College World Series (Texas and Texas Tech) and Women’s College World Series (Oklahoma).
• A total of 421 scholars have received over $3.1 million in postgraduate nancial aid through the rst 22 years of the program.
• The Conference currently conducts postseason championships for 21 of its 23 sports with the Football Championship Game
returning in 2017 after a six-year absence.
• The Pac-12 Conference is headquartered in San Francisco, California in the SOMA district
• Currently, the Pac-12 sponsors 11 men’s sports and 13 women’s sports, with women’s lacrosse a
new addition for the 2017-18 academic year and beach volleyball having been added in 2015-16.
• Additionally, the Conference is a member of the Mountain Paci c Sports Federation (MPSF) in four
other men’s sports and two women’s sports.
• Built on a rm foundation of academic excellence and superior athletic performance, the Pac-12
Conference renewed its undisputed claim as the Conference of Champions® in 2016-17, becoming
the rst conference to win 513 NCAA Championships.
• The Pac-12 led the nation in 2016-17 with 13 NCAA crowns.
• The Pac-12 has led or tied the nation in NCAA Championships in 51 of the last 57 years, the only
exceptions being in 1980-81, 1988-89, 1990-91 and 1995-96 when the Conference nished second, and only twice nished
third in 1998-99 and 2004-05.
• For the 12th-consecutive year, the Pac-12 had the most or tied for the most NCAA titles of any conference in the country,
winning at least six every year since 2000-01. No other conference has won double-digit NCAA crowns in a single year,
the Pac-12 doing so nine times, including a record 14 in 1996-97.
• Spanning over a century of outstanding athletics achievements, The Pac-12 has claimed 501 NCAA Championships (297
men’s, 174 women’s, 30 combined), nearly 200 more than the next league. It was also the rst to win 400 championships
then surpassed 450 when Colorado and Utah joined the league in 2010-11.
• On the women’s side, the story is much the same. Since the NCAA began conducting women’s championships 36 years ago,
Pac-12 members have claimed at least four national titles in a single season on 26 occasions, including a current streak
of 17-consecutive years, dating back to 2000.