As President/CEO of the non-profit San Antonio Bowl
Association, Derrick Fox is responsible for the overall
administration and day-to-day operations of the
Valero Alamo Bowl and its Community Festival of Events.
• Contributing more than $118 million to higher education
through team payouts and local scholarships.
• Developing the bowl and its Community Festival of
Events into an annual event with an average total economic
impact of $45 million to the San Antonio economy.
• Drawing more than 1.55 million spectators to attend
the bowl game since inception generating a total economic
impact in excess of $915 million.
• Raising the Bowl’s profile from the 18th out of 18 bowls
the first year to its current place as the #1 bowl outside
the College Football Playoffs thanks to five straight
Top 25 match-ups.
• Negotiating every title, television and conference partnership
in bowl history including the current Big 12 and
Pac-12 deals that makes the Valero Alamo Bowl the #1 bowl
outside of the CFP through 2025.
• Reaching a 10-year extension with ESPN to continue
its broadcasting rights to the game across ESPN’s platforms
• Successfully securing and hosting neutral site games
such as the 2006 Texas A&M vs. Army game, three Big 12
Championship games in San Antonio and the 2009 and 2016
Notre Dame Shamrock Series.
• Producing Valero Alamo Bowls that have been one
of the Top 3 highest rated non-BCS/CFP bowl games on
ESPN in 20 out of the Bowl’s 26 years delivering over 142
million ESPN viewers.
• The Valero Alamo Bowl ranks #1 of the non-CFP bowl
games in viewership, attendance, team payout and
A graduate of Duke University, Fox came to San Antonio
in August 1992 after seven years with the Fiesta Bowl. He
began his Fiesta Bowl career as an intern in 1986 and held
the title of Director of Marketing his last three years.
A native of Port Angeles, Washington, Fox and his wife
Alison have two sons – Drew (25) and Jake (23).
VALERO ALAMO BOWL PRESIDENT
2019 VALERO ALAMO BOWL STAFF
Vice President of Operations
Business Development Coordinator
Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service
Event & Hospitality Coordinator
Vice President of Marketing
Ticket Sales Coordinator
Senior Manager, Events & Marketing
Digital Media Coordinator
Director of Executive Services
Media & Public Relations Coordinator 152 DECEMBER 31, 2019 / OFFICIAL GAME PROGRAM