• LSU scored 17 unanswered points to close the first half with a 20-7 lead.
• Texas had a great start to the second half, scoring a pair of touchdowns in the third quarter to
trim the LSU lead to 23-21.
• To start the second half, Texas engineered a19-play, 86-yard touchdown drive. The drive was the
longest touchdown drive by Texas since the 2010 season (previous 22 plays, 80 yards at Texas
Tech in 2010).
• LSU scored 22 points in the fourth quarter to finish off the win.
• The Longhorns scored a touchdown with 22 seconds left, on a 15-yard pass from Sam Ehlinger to
TEXAS 48, RICE 13
GAME THREE – SEPT. 14 – HOUSTON, TEXAS
HOUSTON, Texas – No. 12/13 Texas (2-1, 0-0) scored on its first four possessions
and held a 31-0 lead at halftime en route to a 48-13 win over Rice (0-3, 0-0) on
Saturday night at NRG Stadium. Keaontay Ingram rushed 13 times for 74 yards
and his first multiple-touchdown game with a pair of scores.
• Texas jumped out to a 31-0 halftime lead, scoring on six of seven offensive drives and holding Rice
to only two first downs in the first half. Going back to the second half of last week’s game against
LSU, Texas scored on nine-straight drives and averaged 9.7 plays and 75.7 yards.
• Texas opened the game with a 12-play, 82 yard touchdown drive, capped off by the first career
touchdown by Roschon Johnson. Sam Ehlinger connected with Johnson for a 25-yard touchdown
• Jake Smith caught a career-long reception of 53-yards for a touchdown on the Longhorns second
possession of the game.
• Keaontay Ingram extended the Texas lead to 21-0 with a 26-yard touchdown run on a fourth down
• Smith caught his second touchdown of the game to give the Longhorns a 28-0 lead in the second
• Cameron Dicker kicked a career-long 57-yard field goal late in the first half to make the score 31-0.
The kick is the longest by a Longhorn since 1985, when Jeff Ward hit a 57-yard field goal at Texas
• To open the second half, the Texas defense stopped Rice and gave the offense the ball back. The
Longhorns went 91 yards down the field and Ingram finished it off with a 14-yard touchdown run.
• After Rice got its first score of the game in the fourth quarter, Dicker kicked his second field goal
of the game, a 46-yarder, to give Texas a 41-6 lead.
• Following a late touchdown by the Owls, D’Shawn Jamison took the ensuing kickoff 98 yards for
a touchdown. The kickoff return for touchdown as was the first by a Longhorn since 2012 (D.J.
Monroe at Oklahoma State, 9/29/2012).
TEXAS 36, OKLAHOMA STATE 30
GAME FOUR – SEPT. 21 – AUSTIN, TEXAS
AUSTIN, Texas – Sam Ehlinger threw four touchdowns for the third time this
season and Keaontay Ingram rushed for 114 yards to lead the University of
Texas (3-1, 1-0) to a 36-30 win over RV/RV Oklahoma State on Saturday night at
Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Longhorns defense came up with
several big stops, including forcing three field goals on OSU drives and getting
a fourth-down stop.
2019 SEASON IN REVIEW
64 DECEMBER 31, 2019 / OFFICIAL GAME PROGRAM