• Ehlinger has thrown for 1,237 yards and 15 touchdowns, which is the most through the first four
games of a season in school history.
• Ingram rushed for 114 yards, marking his second career 100-yard game.
• Devin Duvernay had 12 receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown to post his second 100-yard
game of the season
• Saturday marked Texas’ first game with both a 100-yard receiver (Devin Duvernay) and a 100-yard
rusher (Keaontay Ingram) since Collin Johnson and Ingram combined to do it against Baylor in
• Oklahoma State started the game with a 76-yard drive, but the Texas defense held the Cowboys to
only a field goal.
• After the teams traded punts, the Longhorns grabbed the lead on the first play of the second
quarter on a six-yard touchdown pass from Ehlinger to Duvernay.
• Montrell Estell recorded his first career interception, setting up another touchdown drive by the
Longhorns. On the third play following the interception, Ehlinger connected with Jake Smith for a
17-yard touchdown pass.
• The Cowboys kicked another field goal, a 43-yarder, to trim the Texas lead to 14-6 in the second
• The Longhorns answered quickly with a 73-yard touchdown strike to Brennan Eagles. The touchdown
was his second of the season over 50 yards.
• A miscue by Texas, on a muffed punt, allowed Oklahoma State to trim the lead to 21-20 at halftime.
The Cowboys had to go just 15 yards to get in the end zone.
• Oklahoma State regained the lead on its first drive of the second half, kicking a 27-yard field goal
to take a 23-21 lead.
• Texas executed a trick play to perfection, regaining the lead on a 25-yard touchdown pass to Cade
Brewer. On the play, Ehlinger handed the ball to Keaontay Ingram, who pitched it to Jake Smith.
Smith then pitched it back to Ehlinger, who threw the touchdown pass to Brewer.
• The Longhorns extended the lead to 36-23 on a touchdown run by Roschon Johnson. Texas
converted the two-point play on a pass from Ehlinger to Johnson.
• Texas got a big defensive play, as Keondre Coburn pressured the quarterback and forced a bad
throw that was intercepted by Chris Brown. The interception was the second of his career.
TEXAS 42, WEST VIRGINIA 31
GAME FIVE – OCT. 5 – MORGANTOWN, W.VA.
MORGANTOWN, W.V. – The Longhorns defense intercepted four passes that led
to a total of 21 points as No. 11/12 University of Texas (4-1, 2-0) beat West Virginia
(3-2, 1-1) 42-31 on Saturday at Milan Puskar Stadium. D’Shawn Jamison picked
off two passes and Ayodele Adeoye and B.J. Foster each had an interception.
• Sam Ehlinger accounted for four total touchdowns (2 rush/2 pass) for the fourth time this season
and the eighth time in his career.
• Roschon Johnson recorded the first 100-yard game of his career, as he finished with career highs
in carries (21) and rushing yards (121).
• The Longhorns’ four interceptions marked the first time that UT has picked off four passes in a
game since the Horns did so at Kansas on Sept. 27, 2014 (64 games).
• West Virginia opened the game with a four-play scoring drive, capped off by a 44-yard touchdown
pass to take a 7-0 lead. It marks the second-straight game that the Longhorns’ opponent has
2019 SEASON IN REVIEW
66 DECEMBER 31, 2019 / OFFICIAL GAME PROGRAM