• Kansas scored the next two touchdowns to take a 17-14 lead.
• Texas responded with an 84-yard touchdown drive to retake the lead 21-17. Brennan Eagles caught
his fifth touchdown pass of the season.
• At the end of the first half, Joseph Ossai made a big play to block a Kansas field goal attempt and
keep the Texas lead 21-17 at halftime. The blocked field goal was the first by the Longhorns since
2018 against USC.
• The Jayhawks opened the second half with a touchdown drive to retake the lead, 24-21.
• The wild fourth quarter started with Devin Duvernay pushing the Longhorns back in front, with a
14-yard touchdown catch at the end of a 79-yard drive.
• Kansas scored a touchdown to trim the Texas lead to 31-30 but Texas blocked the PAT and
returned it 98 yards for a defensive two-point conversion, the first by the Longhorns since 2012.
The two-point play gave Texas a 33-30 lead.
• On the next drive, Ehlinger hit Duvernay for a 43-yard touchdown pass to extend the lead to 40-30.
• Kansas kicked its second field goal of the game to make the score 40-33 with 6:56 left in the
• After a Texas fumble, the Jayhawks scored to tie the game up 40-40.
• The Longhorns retook the lead on a quick drive, including a career-long 51-yard reception by Cade
Brewer. Keaontay Ingram finished off the drive with a three-yard touchdown run.
• Kansas retook the lead yet again after scoring a touchdown and converting a two-point conversion
with 1:11 left in the game.
• Texas then went 60 yards in about one minute before Dicker’s game-winner.
TCU 37, TEXAS 27
GAME EIGHT – OCT. 26 – FORT WORTH, TEXAS
FORT WORTH, Texas – The No. 15/15 Texas Longhorns (5-3; 3-2 Big 12) racked
up 447 yards of total offense against TCU (4-3; 2-2 Big 12), but were done in by
four turnovers that allowed the Horned Frogs to pull out a 37-27 victory at Amon
G. Carter Stadium on Saturday.
• Texas scored a field goal on its opening drive (12 plays, 80 yards, 4:58). It was the fourth time this
season Texas has scored on its first drive of the game (3-1 overall).
• Senior DB Brandon Jones logged his second interception of the season, and the fourth of his
career, on TCU’s second drive of the game.
• TCU quarterback Max Duggan connected with Pro Wells on a 24-yard touchdown pass to give the
Horned Frogs a 10-3 lead with 12:18 remaining in the second quarter.
• Senior WR Devin Duvernay caught a 47-yard touchdown pass from QB Sam Ehlinger on Texas’
ensuing drive to knot the game at 10-10. It was his sixth career touchdown longer than 40 yards,
and second this season.
• Duvernay had five catches for 105 yards in the first half. It was his second 100-yard half of the
season (11 catches for 137 yards vs. then-No. 6 LSU).
• Duvernay finished with eight catches for a career-high 173 yards, marking his fourth 100-yard
game of the season. He is the eighth Texas receiver since 2000 to log at least four 100-yard
2019 SEASON IN REVIEW
70 DECEMBER 31, 2019 / OFFICIAL GAME PROGRAM